The hunger games are competitions that take place annually in the country of Panem. Every year one boy and girl between the ages of 12 and 18 are selected from each of the twelve districts as tributes. They then prepare for a week and go into an outdoor arena to fight to the death. The event is nationally televised as mandatory viewing for all citizens and the last living tribute is thus declared the victor.
Everyone believed that after the rebellion there wouldn’t be another hunger games, however prior to President Coin’s death she proposed there would be a final hunger games. This time with the capitol’s children, but all those that attended the meeting believed now that she was dead it wouldn’t be happening. However the new President of Panem proceeded to announce that the final hunger games were still on.
Thus the capitol was divided into realistic versions of the districts and a few weeks after the announcement was made the reaping began. Just like the previous games one male and one female between the ages of 12 and 18 were selected to become tributes. Except these tributes are not like any other they are not frugal, intelligent or well-trained they are arrogant, wasteful and dependent on others for survival. But once they are in the arena though, these snob-like children will only have themselves and the resources surrounding them to survive.
How the role-play itself will work:
- Once you audition has been accepted, you will be asked to create an account and write a self-paragraph of the reaping. As there will not be a train journey as such since the tributes are already in the capitol, you may write another self-paragraph or role-play with the other tribute from your district on your journey to the training centre.
- Once you have arrived at the training centre you can talk to the other tributes, begin plotting if you wish. (Although it goes against the plot we will allow you to converse/role-play with other tributes while we wait for more auditions).
- When the numbers of tributes have reached a substantial number we will begin the formal role-play. Starting with the chariot rides, then the interviews (with the lovely Ceaser Flickerman) and then finally training will begin.
- Group sessions will last approximately a week real-time, and you will be free to role-play with as many or as little other tributes as you wish too. Then at the end of the week you will be asked to submit a private training session (we will make it obvious where and how you will submit at the time).
- Finally the last event before tributes enter the arena is the release of the scores – don’t forget to post a reaction to your character’s score!
- Then the real fun begins, each character will be randomly assigned something to take from the cornucopia and any open characters will be killed in the bloodbath.
- Every other day a tribute(s) will be selected to die via a random generator. (Two names will be chosen for each kill, the tribute that dies and what/who kills them.)
- Thus when there is only one tribute left they will be crowned the final victor.